2020-2021 ATTENDANCE/OFFICE CLERK - MCKEMY ACADEMY (PART TIME)
TITLE: Clerk - Attendance/Office (Part Time)
Assist school office, professional staff and departments with a variety of typing, recordkeeping,
attendance, data entry, and other clerical duties. Welcome and provide assistance and information to the
parents, students, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
1. Education and/or experience equivalent to a High School Diploma or GED
2. Completion of District administered skills tests
3. State of Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
4. Some positions may require fluency in Spanish
5. Some positions may require a valid Driver’s License
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act,
may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is
ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities performed by
incumbents of this class.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide public relations support to office staff by dealing in person and by telephone with parents,
students, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
- Welcome visitors and authorize entry by verifying identification and ensuring information is
documented in visitor’s log.
- Receive and record daily student attendance and enter attendance data into informational
- Track attendance and truancy and contact parents of absent children.
- Answer telephones, directs to appropriate person or takes messages as indicated.
- Maintain student files regarding withdrawals, requests for records, and filing of documents.
- Contact Attendance Officer regarding truant students, and provide appropriate documentation.
- Process, sort and distribute mail.
- Create, update and maintain hardcopy files and records and send files and records to storage.
- Distribute mailers, and send correspondence and notices to parents.
- Prepare new student packets and copy and laminate materials.
- Assist lunchroom in applications for free or reduced lunches and collect money.
- May translate for Spanish speaking parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
? Knowledge of District attendance, registration, and record keeping policies and procedures
? Knowledge of public relations/customer service methods and practices
? Knowledge of interpreting and translating verbal and written English to Spanish preferred
? Knowledge of general office machine operation
? Knowledge of computer applications related to assignment including Genesis, MUNIS, Smartfind.
? Skill utilizing verbal and written communication skills to correspond with or provide information to a
culturally diverse population ? Skill utilizing customer service/public relations skills in responding to requests, inquiries and
? Skill maintaining, updating and retrieving information related to student attendance, registration,
tracking and withdrawals
? Skill in maintaining confidential files and records
? Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
General office environment with extensive student and public contact
Repetitive motion and eye strain through extensive utilization of computer hardware and software
Repetitive motion through extensive use of telephone
May require bending, stooping, standing and prolonged sitting
May require lifting materials and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds
WORK YEAR: 186 Days
DEPARTMENT/SCHOOL: Elementary School
REPORTS TO: Principal
EVALUATION: Classified Personnel Evaluation
PREPARED: March 2000
REVISED: November 2019
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 5A5662B999EF8568B5DF7998B9A3934E